In general, conduct publication compiled refer to COPE. Statement scientific code of conduct is an expression of the code of conduct of all parties involved in the process of scientific journal publications, namely managers, editors, reviewers, and author/writer. The statement's code of ethics of scientific publications by LIPI Chief Regulation No. 5 of 2014 on the Code of Ethics of Scientific Publications, which basically Scientific Publication Ethics Code is essentially upheld ethical values in three publications, namely.
Duties and Responsibilities Editor
- Reconciling the needs of the reader and the author
- Every effort to improve the quality of publications on an ongoing basis,
- Implement the process to ensure the quality of papers published,
- Promoting freedom of speech objectively,
- Maintaining the integrity of the track record of academic authors,
- Delivering corrections, clarifications, withdrawal, and an apology if necessary,
- Responsible for the style and format of the paper, while the contents and any statements in the papers is the responsibility of the authors
- Actively soliciting the opinion of the authors, readers, reviewers, and members of the editorial board to improve the quality of publications
- Encouraging assessment of the journal, if there are findings,
- Support initiatives to reduce errors of research and publications by asking the authors to attach form clearance of Conduct approved by the Ethics Committee clearance,
- Supports the initiative to educate researchers about publication ethics,
- Assessing the effects of policy on the issue of the attitude of the author and reviewer and fix it to increase accountability and reduce errors,
- Have an open mind towards new opinion or views of others that may conflict with personal opinions,
- Not maintaining his own opinion, the author or third parties which may result in a decision, not objective
Duties and Responsibilities Reviewers
- Given the task of editors to examine the papers and submit the review to the editor, as a determination of the feasibility of a paper for publication.
- Reviewers should not review the papers involving him, either directly or indirectly
- Maintain the author's privacy by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations provide criticism, suggestions, feedback, and recommendations
- Encouraging author to make improvements papers
- Going back papers that have been fixed in accordance with the specified standard.
Duties and Responsibilities Author
- Ensure that were included in the list of authors/writers meet the criteria as an author/writer.
- Responsible collectively to work content and the articles include methods, analysis, calculation, and details.
- To declare the origin of the resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Describe the limitations of the study
- Response to the comments made by the reviewer in a professional and timely
- Inform if the editor would retract his paper.
- Make a statement that the papers submitted for publication are original, have not been published anywhere in any language, and not in the process of submission to another publisher.