Pi: Mathematic Education Journal manuscripts are peer-reviewed by reviewer of the journalâ€™s Editorial Review Board of experts in fields specifically matching the journal topics by using single blind review process. There are no journal manuscripts are accepted based only upon submission of an abstract. Reviewers are required to provide the author with comments intended to improve the content and other issues which should improve the quality of the article with the following submission evaluation criteria:
- Value or usefulness to field or profession
- Adequacy of design/accuracy of analysis
- Presentation and interpretation of findings, discussion, and conclusions
- Inclusion of appropriate implications for practice and/or policy
- Important and timely
- Consistency with existing literature
- Overall clarity of ideas and expression
- References to relevant existing work
The review process will take approximately 3 to 12 weeks. Decisions categories include:
- Reject - Rejected manuscripts will not be published and authors will not have the opportunity to resubmit a revised version of the manuscript to Pi: Mathematics Education Journal .
- Resubmit for Reviewâ€“ The submission needs to be re-worked, but with significant changes, may be accepted. However, It will require a second round of review.
- Accept wtih Revisions - Manuscripts receiving an accept-pending-revisions decision will be published in Pi: Mathematics Education Journal under the condition that minor/major modifications are made. Revisions will be reviewed by an editor to ensure necessary updates are made prior to publication.
- Accept - Accepted manuscripts will be published in the current form with no further modifications required.
The average number of weeks between submission and publication is 24 weeks.